Forums Archived

The forums are being archived. See this topic for more information.

Ludum Dare #17 entries

Post about games, applications, etc. made with Rubygame. Feel free to promote your own projects here!

Ludum Dare #17 entries

Postby jacius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 am

If anyone made Rubygame-based (including Gamebox) entries for Ludum Dare 17 this past weekend, post about them here! :D
jacius
Site Admin

Re: Ludum Dare #17 entries

Postby jacius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 am

I didn't finish my game, but I'll talk about it anyway. ;)

It's called "Space Goats on a Boat". The goat part is inspired by Phil Hassey's keynote video, featuring Cuzco the goat. The premise of the game is that there are astronaut goats returning from low earth orbit, splashing down in the ocean. You control a goat who pilots a boat, and your goal is to rescue the space goats from the water. Originally it was planned to be a sailboat, but I didn't have time to create the sailboat physics, so I made it a motor boat instead. But, if I finish it anyway, I'll try to make it a sailboat.

Currently, there's no win condition, but you can move the boat (steer with left/right, accelerate with up, slow with down), bump into other boats, and pick up the goats by touching them with the boat. It uses Gamebox, which made things much simpler. The only reason I didn't finish is because I didn't set aside much time for the competition. :P

Source/download: http://github.com/jacius/spacegoats

Screenshot:
jacius
Site Admin

Return to Creations