Forums Archived

The forums are being archived. See this topic for more information.

Tutorial Topic Requests

Discussion about anything related to Rubygame

What Rubygame topics would you most like a guide or tutorial for? (Up to 4 votes)

Beginner's Overview of Rubygame
16%
Sprite Classes
16%
Basic Event / Input Handling
17%
Advanced Event Handling
6%
Clock / Framerate Management
10%
Surface Basics (Blitting and Drawing)
3%
Advanced Surface Tricks
6%
Game Structure / Putting it together
16%
Optimization / Efficiency
5%
Other (leave a comment)
5%

Total votes : 63

Tutorial Topic Requests

Postby jacius » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm considering about writing some guides/tutorials about specific aspects or features of Rubygame, to help people understand how best to use them.

To help me get an idea of what topics I should write about, I'd like to know which topics you'd most like a guide for. In other words, which topics would you benefit most from, either clearing up confusion or improving your skills? You can vote for multiple topics.
jacius
Site Admin

Re: Tutorial Topic Requests

Postby kiba » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:28 am

I want to learn about 2D physics from stratch. (Handling vectors, determine acceleration and angle..etc)
I write libre games. My libre game programming service is also availiable for anybody that want to pay.

I ran the Libregamewiki, the free gaming encyclopedia.
kiba

Postby nlr » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 pm

i'd be interested in some collision detection/resolution demo as well.
nlr

Postby shevegen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:11 pm

I am the guy who commented that everything should be very simple, like simple widget creation and building from that point (and making it "better" or "smarter")
shevegen

Postby kiba » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 pm

shevegen wrote:I am the guy who commented that everything should be very simple, like simple widget creation and building from that point (and making it "better" or "smarter")

I don't want rubygame to go too high of a level. Rubygame should stay at level it current is. If rubygame goes up too high, it will displace all the libraries and framework that has been building upon rubygame. Rubygame's job is to provide a pretty nice API to SDL and be reasonably efficent about it.
I write libre games. My libre game programming service is also availiable for anybody that want to pay.

I ran the Libregamewiki, the free gaming encyclopedia.
kiba

Postby christyw744 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm

I would like to learn more about optimizating and this is subject that I would love to learn more in.
christyw744

Postby ayqazi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Getting started with Chipmunk and Rubygame! I can't find any information, and have conceded that I will have to read the extension sources.
ayqazi

Postby HOMER-16 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I know next to nothing about rubygame so input handling as well as the surface one would definately help... ALOT! :lol:

Also,

shevegen wrote:I am the guy who commented that everything should be very simple, like simple widget creation and building from that point (and making it "better" or "smarter")

I agree that this would be a very effective way to learn.
HOMER-16

Return to Rubygame (General)