Rubygame: The Blog

I’ve finished the massive cleanup of the panda demo. I moved all the random shape drawing to another demo (demo_draw.rb), and turned the panda demo into a pretty good example of game structure. It has a Game class which organizes the clock, screen, sprites, event queue and handler, etc. The Game, the sprites, and the …

Rubygame: The Blog Read More »

ruby game

Status Update

Finished the last two things on my list: Specs for the mouse event triggers. Add Joystick.activate_all and Joystick.deactivate_all. But I thought up more stuff to add to the list: Add _magic_trigger and _magic_action methods to Has EventHandler. These would be private methods that you can override to define your own custom “magic” conversion rules when …

Status Update Read More »

ruby game

Ruby Weekend #2 Voting Ends Tonight!

Vote for your favorite games before it’s too late! Rank the games according to your favorites, then send me a forum PM or email! Voting closes tonight, August 1 at 23:59 UTC! See the voting forum thread for details and a list of the entries.

ruby game

Ruby Weekend #2 Results

It’s time to announce the winners of the RubyWeekend #2 Contest! Third Place: Mizutoka by jlnr! Second Place: Cheese Master by elcugo! First Place: Opposite Islands by ippa! Congratulations to our winners, and thanks to everyone who competed or voted! It’s no easy task to create a game in 48 hours, but I hope everybody …

Ruby Weekend #2 Results Read More »